Get Adobe Flash player

Monday, June 7, 2010

Fundraising is actually becoming fun!!

This weekend was jam-packed with fundraising and race training. And, I ended up having a great time in the midst of all of the hard work.

On Saturday Tere, Kelly (another teammate), Doug (our coach), Jerry (our fundraising mentor) and I headed down to Busch Stadium for our first canister drive. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the general public is. Many people donated and it was so appreciated. I walked over to T.G.I. Friday's by Kiener Plaza and they happily filled up my soda free of charge while I used the bathroom -- I didn't even have to ask. I will be heading down there a lot this season and I'm looking forward to it. I had a great time.

On Sunday the team did an organized ride, which I wasn't sure I was quite ready for with all of the bike traffic. Instead I went to Grant's Trail again and did 16 miles. It was gorgeous outside and a great ride. It feels good to push myself.

Please don't forget the Good Tymes Karaoke Night, coming up Thursday, June 17. More items are coming in to be raffled off ...

Updated raffle list:

  • A FREE Zoom Whitening from my friends at Parkview Dental
  • $20 gift certificate to Texas Roadhouse
  • A one-day pass at The Watering Bowl for your dog to run and play! (Maddux goes here and he loves it!)
  • A gift certificate to Tequila's Mexican Restaurant (value pending)

We are giving away 6 free appetizers or desserts from T.G.I. Friday's and a free small sub sandwich from Quizno's as door prizes.

AND JUST ANNOUNCED! The St. Louis Blues have given me 4 certificates for tickets to a game next year! I will be raffling them off throughout the summer for a drawing to happen in August. Please contact me for details!

There also will be some fine items/tickets from Saint Louis University available later this summer. Stay tuned for details!!

No comments:

Post a Comment