Get Adobe Flash player

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Good Tymes Karaoke Night!

Hello Readers,

As I'm sure you've all seen, Mike, the owner of Good Tymes, has generously accepted my offer to host a karaoke fundraising night June 17. I am very excited and I hope to raise a lot of money for cancer research. I have a few great prizes lined up so far:

  • a $20 gift certificate to Texas Roadhouse
  • free appetizers and desserts from T.G.I. Friday's
  • a free ZOOM Whitening from my awesome dentist over at Parkview Dental in Columbia, Ill.
I'm working on securing some other great things for door prizes or to raffle off, so please come out and support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and Good Tymes.

Along the fundraising lines, I'm nervous I won't raise enough money to go. It's a lot of work and there are a lot of companies out there saying no. It seems like everyone has a cause ... so hopefully I'll raise enough by the July mid-way point to keep going.

Saturday's ride in Forest Park was much better. I didn't hit any children or concrete barricades (I avoided one altogether by going around in the grass). I was still very nervous and am looking forward to the day that I can let go of the fear and just enjoy riding. I need to enjoy it more because we did 12 miles on Saturday, and once we really start raising the mileage bar, there needs to be some fun involved!

Thanks again everyone for reading and I hope you can come out to karaoke night at Good Tymes on June 17. I'll be taking requests :)

No comments:

Post a Comment